zondag 6 juli 2008

So it begins.. Yoshu!

I am very much aware of myself and the fact that I am very lazy concerning things such as blogging and keeping contact with email friends or what ever, but I've decided to blog anyway. All that effort for an incredible reason!

On a wednesday night, after a long day of classes in Leiden and dance classes I took a peek into my embarassing charming_villain inbox. As I looked inside, my jaw dropped because the examcommitee has announced that I was chosen as one of the lucky candidates who'll be going to Japan! I, after a lot of doubt, decided to enroll myself in the Nagasaki University exchange program! (Yeah, the city that was bombed into smithereens about 60 years ago. I keep hearing jokes that I'll have four arms due to radiation when I return to Holland, or I'll die in an earthquake, I'll be killed by ninja's or samurai or I'll be abducted by vicious pirates u_u ..). Ok, besides those utmost creative reasons not to go, the plan de campagne is the following: I have to live for a year at an international student dormitory and take courses at the Nagasaki Daigaku (University of Nagasaki) such as language and culture.

I was suprised by the fact that I got chosen, because the competition was fierce! Mainly, because 33 other people also wanted to go to the land of the rising sun. And there were going to be interviews, in freakin' Japanese, in which I suck balls eventhough I have excellent grades and have studied Japanese for about two years now. Anyhow, the people who know me know that I'll get a seizure only by the thought of such gruelling ordeals! The criteria for being invited for such an interview were first of all grades, so I secretly anticipated an interview because my grades are freaking awesome! And I also knew that they would save me, because when it comes to speaking in Japanese I am a total disaster for some strange reason. I pictured myself sitting in front of four professors, failling immensly and looking like a complete idiot or a deer caught in the headlights.

But then, that email, in which was stated: congradulations miss B, don't bother coming for an interview, you can just hop on a plane in september and go to Nagasaki, Japan! bladibla.. don't disappoint us.. live up to our expectations.. bladibla.. DUDE! merely the thought of me sitting on the other side of the globe and managing all of my stuff as no one would help me made me anxious. I still live at home and such a great adventure would be such a challenge for me! I don't think I'd starve to death though..

Now, all of this stuff that I have to take care of.. get a loan, get a job, insurance here, health statement there. And how the hell am I goint to get to Nagasaki from Tokyo seeing that Nagasaki is located on a different island! Also, who would be the other nine people that would accompany me on this journey? I really wanted that people which I'm fond of would come along or people who make me laugh, but unfortunately.. The people that are going are strangers to me.

Moving on, one lucky basted will receive a scholarship containing about 500 euro per month. Well, I'm all in! Hellsyea I want to have that resource! A certain someone believes that he'll receive it, but over my dead body.

So, I am going away for eleven months, but this is an amazing opportunity and I such cling on to it for dear life! I'll keep posting about my struggles and other stuff!

Greets!

赤毛の!

Geen opmerkingen: