maandag 7 juli 2008

I.. Declare.. BANKRUPTCY!!

So, I've been to the disgusting city of Amsterdam today, where the whores stare at you from behind the windows and where squats are present on every vile corner of this gross city. I actually managed to pay a grand for the first time in my life and honestly, I died a little bit on the inside as I stared at my check with the incredible amount of 1015 €. I then realized that there was no going back and that I had officially bought my ticket to Japan! September 24th is the big day as I'll be flying from Schiphol to London with British Airways and after that a fourteen hour flight to Tokyo awaits me. I'll arrive in Tokyo a day later, as there is a time difference between Holland and Japan. It's about nine hours later over there. I'll be travelling with four guys and a girl and we'll be staying in Tokyo until October first.

The six of us have actually become a relatively close group: the hardcore Nagasaki partners in distress. Our spectacular team consists of the Buddha: our cooking talent (I don't know for sure, but I sure as hell going to find out). He is also our awesome travelguide (his mom actually got us the "cheap" tickets). Oyeah he also has a divine body. :D

There's also the guy who we (well..me) refer to as Blonde God. I came up with this awesome nickname as I and the Buddha waited for him at the train station. His lucious blonde locks stand out in the crowd. Go figure. As I was certain that the Japanese chicks are soo going to dig his Aryan looks.

There's also the guy we call the Musketeer as he looks like he was born in the 1600's. This guy has a huge room in Leiden, so we decided to watch the football match Holland - Romenia at his crib. As the Blonde God kept staring at his desk he found some strange pieces of paper with Dutch and Japanese sentences written on them. The phrases were awkward as the following stuff was written on them: "She must be smart, physical contact, he does everything I ask of him.."

Haha. So we laughed and asked if he was preparing himself for the red light district in Nagasaki and he replied that those cards were part of a game which he played with a Japanese girl. Riight. It was some sort of game to describe the ideal partner.
He also was responsible for an internet riot as he joked about sharing a room with the girl that also was traveling along with us. She was not amused as she took it literally. And I enjoyed myself by watching that interesting quarrel.

Now, moving on. The other guy who's travelling along: people tend to call him "The Shoe" Why? 'Cause it's his last name? What ever. He doesn't speak much anyway.

The girl's being called "The Sneak". Why? Not sure yet.
I'm the only one who hasn't got a cool nickname :(
I'm soo interested to see how the group chemistry will work out!

Eventhough I hate Amsterdam with all of my heart (such a disgusting city) I actually had a good time today. There was this guy in our train with real life Super Saiyan hair! (You now, Dragonball Z). We saw this guy again as he stood next to a smoking pole. I nonchalantly joined him as a picture of me and him was taken. That made my day and I can't wait to see the picture.

I also bought a Daruma-san at a Japanese store. As you read this you're probably wondering (or not) what the hell that is. Well, it's a matroushka-ish little guy with no limbs with a huge mustache and no pupils. You have make a wish or set a goal and color his right eye in. As the wish comes true you have to color the other eye. Traditionally you have to burn it afterwards, but I'm not doing that. He's based on a Buddhist monk who cut of his eyelids because he kept falling asleep during meditation. He also kept meditating for years and years as his limbs eventually have fallen off. Isn't that a lovely, heartwarming story?

Now I'm bankrupt and sleepy and I'll be leaving for Japan in about three months. I'll head back to Holland on August 15 th 2009. Dude.

We've also booked a little hostel at Asakusa (the old district in Tokyo) for about 20 € a night! The rooms are in a traditional Japanese style which means that we have to sleep on the ground with futons. It's all good, as long as this high maintenance chick has her own bathroom and shower.

Geen opmerkingen: