zondag 6 juli 2008

There Is No Justice!

I still have a week and a half of classes, final exams in two weeks and then I'll have all the time in the world to worry about stuff I want to bring along to Japan. Impulsive as I am, I bought, without looking at the pricetag, a travelguide book for Japan. It's a colorful, 300 something page book with the most awesome tourist attractions and adresses. I seriously want to dress up like a tourist, with the cap, map and camera at hand and want to see every corner of Japan. My plans for now are: fly to Japan at the end of september, hang out in Tokyo for a week and then take the 新幹線/bullettrain all the way south to Fukuoka. Tokyo is redicilously huge and loosing one self in the crowd isn't that hard to achieve. The London subway map got me biting my nails a year ago and now I have to conquer the most complex subway system in the world. But still, being lost in a huge city has its appeal. I remember being lost in Prague and London and feeling really awesome as I found my way back.

Anyway, the bullettrain stops in Fukuoka and not in Nagasaki. After that it's a two hour train ride. But, Fukuoka is also huge and my trustworthy travel guide states that it's awesome because of the 300 something nightclubs. In Nagasaki, the ten of us are supposed to be picked up by our mentors (older students of the university) and they are supposed to show us around the city, get our alien registration cards, hold our hands or what ever. I hope I'll get a hot guy, but 'll end up with a girl most likely.

Our program will provide field trips to Kyoto, the Shimabara region and Okinawa (I hope! Can't wait to see the American millitary bases n_n ). Okinawa is like a desert at sea where one could get sunburned instantly. Going to Kyoto has always been my dream as I pictured myself walking down the philosophers' road all covered in pink sakura tree leafs..

About the scholarship, it wasn't me.

So, no generous financial resources for me, maybe the Leiden University Fund will pay off. They're willing to pay us 100 something a month as long as we come up with an interesting studyplan and write a report about the program as we return to Holland.

About the motivation essay, I finished it in about fifteen minutes, but apparently some people have been struggling with it for like forever because it's oh so difficult to write a tiny little essay of 500 words in which you have to motivate why the hell you wish to go to Japan. Come on! How difficult it that.. I am so pissed off!

Ew, I'm lacking study motivation and am still living in a rum rush of yesterday. I'm soo lazy and don't feel like doing anything. I should get employed or something.

Geen opmerkingen: